Wearing a girdle is currently the latest trend. Women are majorly the ones who wear girdles. A girdle is an under cloth that was designed to help women appear slimmer and have better proportional shape when wearing an outfit. Girdles are very comfortable to put on and it comes in different colours and shapes. Wearing a girdle provides you with a very good back support. Wearing girdle gives better posture too and helps reduce stress on the knee, plus back pain.
Let’s have a detailed look at the advantages of wearing girdle
- Recovery After Surgery: Wearing a girdle after surgery helps in speeding up recovery. Wearing a girdle increases blood circulation and takes off post surgery setbacks. Those who had tummy tucks, liposuction, lap band procedures or breast augmentation would especially benefit from wearing a girdle. Those who wear girdles after surgery reduce risks of open infections during the recovery process.
- Makes Tight Fitting Clothes Look Awesome: Wearing a girdle makes very tight fitting clothes appear awesome. Girdles work well with tight fitting clothing because they help you look your best in them. You don’t have to worry about looking out of place or feeling embarrassed when wearing your tight clothes once you are wearing a girdle.
- Girdles Hides Unappealing Body Features: Wearing girdles helps in hiding some body features you are not proud of. For example, if your stomach fat is causing a bulge-like look when you put on your favorite outfits, a girdle can hide this in an effective way.
- It’s a Confidence Booster for New Moms: It sometimes takes a lot of time for new moms to get back to their ideal weight and feel confident in their postpartum appearance. Wearing girdles helps in boosting back their confidence. When new moms wear girdles, they can look their best and this motivates them to do their best each day for their children.
- It helps Big Busts Appear Better: Wearing a girdle is so beneficial to people with large. This is because those with larger busts sometimes suffer from back pain and wearing a supportive girdle can relieve the back pain for them.
- Girdles Add Extra Layer of Warmth in Cold Weather: During cold months, you often dress in layers so that you can be extra warm. Add a girdle to your wardrobe during the winter because it adds an extra layer of warmth to the body.
- Girdles Help You Pull Off Certain Costumes: If you work in a field where costumes are a part of your job duties, you would benefit from wearing a girdle. Medieval and Renaissance era costumes are often fitted at the waistline and having a girdle makes it easier to wear these kinds of costumes. Or if you are wearing antebellum era or Victorian era costumes that are fitted at the waist, girdles work wonders.
- Girdles Are Not Offered in Just One Size and Style: You should wear a girdle not only because of the cosmetic and health benefits, but also because of the diverse sizes and styles of girdles available. There is the camisole-style girdle that adds sex appeal while the bodysuit is better for everyday wear such as work wear or casual outfits. These girdles are also made of spandex, which makes them effective on the body.
- Girdles Assist With Weight Loss: Another reason why you should wear a girdle is because it helps during the weight loss process. Girdles are not a substitute for exercise and eating right but they give you the appearance of a smaller body while trying to lose weight. This improves your confidence and you will look better in your clothes. In addition, the girdle helps you work your abdominal muscles through daily wear while going about your tasks.
Finally, wearing girdles offer amazing benefits. It is advisable to purchase a girdle that is fitted well on your body yet not too snug. The girdle should be easy to take off and on, and you want to buy girdles in black, white and beige since these basic colours best complement your outfits. Try on the girdles before you buy them and get opinions from friends who will shop with you. Most importantly, enjoy the newfound confidence you have from wearing your girdle.