Applications are invited for Lithuanian Scholarships to undertake full-time master studies in one of the Lithuanian higher education institutions. Nationals of Republic of Belarus, Republic of Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Ukraine, Republic of Armenia, Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Uzbekistan and People’s Republic of China as well as foreigners of Lithuanian origin are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The foundation provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
The Education Exchanges Support Foundation (hereinafter – “the Foundation”) is a national agency entrusted with the administration of Erasmus+ and Lifelong Learning programmes and other initiatives funded by the European Commission (EC) and the Government of the Republic of Lithuania in the field of education and vocational training, which has been successfully operating since 2007. The foundation helps to disseminate the idea of lifelong learning and provide everyone with the opportunity to acquire international experience.
Scholarships are available for pursuing a full-time master degree in one of the Lithuanian higher education institutions.
Scholarships are awarded in all subjects.
All approved candidates will receive a monthly scholarship of 380 euros for the whole duration of the studies. Only the nationals of the Republic of Ukraine, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Georgia and foreign citizens of Lithuanian origin for their Full-time Master degree studies will be covered the cost of the studies, up to limit not exceeding national standard study cost.
Number of Scholarships:
70 Lithuanian state grants for full-time Master degree or Integrated studies
Application Deadline: May 2, 2018
Eligibility for this Scholarship offer:
Candidate must be a national of one of the following countries: the Republic of Ukraine, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Georgia, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Republic of Moldova, Japan, the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of Korea, and the State of Israel. Foreigner of Lithuanian origin cannot hold the citizenship from one of EU or EEA country.
- Candidate must be a national of one of the following countries: the Republic of Ukraine, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Georgia, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Republic of Moldova, Japan, the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of Korea, and the State of Israel. Foreigner of Lithuanian origin cannot hold the citizenship from one of EU or EEA country.
- Candidate must hold a bachelor degree.
- Candidate must have an official letter of acceptance or pre-acceptance for full-time Master degree studies or Integrated studies programme from one of the Lithuanian higher education institutions.
- Candidate must have good knowledge of the Lithuanian, English or another language the study programme is conducted in (the minimum B2 level of command of the language of instruction according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- A scholarship can be granted only once. A candidate who has already got funding under this instrument, will not be eligible.
- A scholarship cannot be granted to a candidate who is studying or planning to study an international joint degree programme with a part of the studies (as mandatory mobility period) in the candidate’s home country.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there
How to Apply:
A candidate for the Lithuanian State scholarship for full-time Master degree or Integrated studies should apply through the online application system and enclose the following scanned documents:
- A copy of the identity document;
- A copy of the identity document;
- The following copies certified by the procedure established by the laws:
- A document certifying completed education of a higher education institution or adequate education (diploma and enclosure, therefore) and its translation into Lithuanian, English or Russian. If a foreigner completed the first-cycle studies, but no certificate (diploma and enclosure thereto) was issued to him/her, he/she can submit a certificate of a higher education institution based in a foreign country, which must specify the study programme completed, courses or modules passed, their credits and assessments, assessment of the final examination or theme of the final project and its assessment, and its translation into Lithuanian, English or Russian;
- A document certifying the level of the study language command:
- A copy of the document issued by a competent institution, certifying the minimum B2 level of study language command according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or a copy of TOEFL IBT certificate (minimum assessment is 72 points), a copy of TOEFL Paper certificate (minimum assessment is 484 points), or a copy of IELTS certificate (minimum assessment is 5 points)
- Documents certifying achievements in research (artistic) activities:
- Published research articles and their translations into Lithuanian, English or Russian;
- Certificates on speeches delivered at scientific conferences and their translations into Lithuanian, English or Russian;
- Artistic activity folder, if a foreigner will study in the field of art, in Lithuanian, English or Russian;
- Motivational letter in Lithuanian, English or Russian;
- Recommendation (recommendations) in Lithuanian, English or Russian;
- A copy of the confirmation issued by a Lithuanian higher education institution that the foreigner was admitted or is studying in the second-cycle full-time study programme, with an indication of the foreigner’s name, surname, study programme, which the foreigner studies, and state code, foreigner’s study period;
- Contact details – address in the country of origin, e-mail address, phone number, Skype username.