Sleeping with a Bra is one of the lies aesthetic conscious people pass around will help keep your breasts firm. Sleeping with a bra is wrong. After a long day at work on your bra, it is wise to end the day without sleeping with your bra. Also, a lot of women have the habit of sleeping with a bra because they are lazy to pull it off.
Taking off bras always seem like such a hassle for many. Unfortunately, sleeping with your bra on is not as beneficial as you might think – and taking that extra five minutes every night to take your bra off may actually have several benefits for you, and for your breasts. Let’s explore the negative side of sleeping with your bra on – and why you should always take your bra off before going to bed.
- A Bra Can Be An Interference During Sex: Okay, let’s start off with the most obvious reason why you shouldn’t wear a bra when you get into bed – it can be quite an interference when sex is on the table. So consider this as a major reason why you shouldn’t wear a bra when you get into bed – especially when you have someone else in the bed that may initiate a session of sexual intercourse. Taking your bra off when you initiate in sexual activities can not only be a hassle, but some men may even find it somewhat distracting and unsexy.
- Dark Spots: While we’re on the topic of bra’s that are tight and puts pressure on the breasts, we should also consider the fact that they can cause dark spots to develop on your breasts. These dark spots are medically known as hyperpigmentation. Your Beauty explains that a bra that fits tightly can cause friction, which then leads to skin irritation. In turn, this can cause the skin’s color in the particular area to turn darker; thus leading to skin hyperpigmentation on the breasts – now this can surely be unattractive.
- A Bra Can Restrict Your Blood Flow: The body relies on the blood circulatory system to deliver blood to all vital parts of the body, including the heart and the brain. Native Remedies report that poor blood circulation or, in this case, restricted blood circulation, can affect the brain, the heart, the liver, the kidneys and even the limbs. A bra, especially when it is somewhat that and, of course, if it contains an underwire, can restrict blood flow in the breast area due to the pressure it places on the pectoral muscles. This can also lead to damage in breast tissue in the long run.
- Fungus On Your Breasts: We have already discussed the fact that wearing a bra at night when you sleep can cause your breast’s skin to become irritated, but another important factor to consider is the fact that fungus may also develop in this particular area when you sleep with your bra on. Breast fungus is especially prone to develop if your bra does not fit properly and if it excessively tight. This creates the perfect environment for fungus to develop.
- A Bra Can Make You Restless While Sleeping: Sleep is important for both physiological and psychological well-being. Wearing a bra at night can cause significant irritation while you are trying to sleep – and this, in turn, can make you severely restless during the night. This is especially valid if your bra is somewhat tight, which means irritation will be more significant and you’ll get even less sleep during the night. When you cannot sleep properly at night, you may feel excessively tired the next day. Sleep deprivation has been linked to a higher risk of being involved in accidents. Apart from being more prone to accidents and feeling tired at work the next day, sleep deprivation, according to WebMD, is also linked to an increased risk of developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Furthermore, you are also more likely to suffer from a stroke, heart failure, and a heart attack if you don’t obtain enough sleep.
Finally, while it is much more convenient to just get into bed without worrying about your bra, sleeping with a bra on can actually be harmful to your breasts. And no, wearing a bra while you are sleeping is not necessarily going to perk up your breasts. If you are sleeping with your bra on, we recommend considering the negative effects we discussed here – and to take some time every night to make sure you first take your bra off before you get into bed.