University of Alberta, Canada is offering free scholarship at its Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research. This scholarship is open to both Canadian and international students for winter 2017 intake. The purpose of this scholarship is to recruit superior students at the doctoral level who have the potential to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
The University of Alberta is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta, and Henry Marshall Tory, its first president. Its enabling legislation is the Post-secondary Learning Act.
This Scholarship offer is available for students to pursue a full time doctoral degree program. It is awarded for students to study any subject of their choice offered by the University. Applicants must be proficient in English.
The Scholarship Award:
Scholarships will be offered in increments of $5,000. The department may decide how many increments of $5,000 to offer a student. The award value varies and is indicated in applicant’s original letter of offer.
Eligibility for this Scholarship offer:
The scholarship will be awarded to students who:
- Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or international students
- Are admitted to a doctoral graduate degree program by the department
- Will be registered full-time in a doctoral degree program
- Have an admission GPA of at least 3.7
Nationality for this Scholarship offer:
Canadian and international students can apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants are normally required to have completed a master’s degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognised by the University of Alberta.
Test Requirement: None Required
English Language Requirement: English is the primary language of instruction and communication at UAlberta. All applicants must be proficient in English prior to admission.
How to Apply for this Scholarship offer:
Nomination consists of a completed Nomination Form which must be sent via e-mail. Supporting documents may include the following:
- a) Academic documents (transcripts, degree certificates)
- b) English Language Proficiency scores such as IELTS, Pearson, TOEFL, etc. (if applicable)
- c) Additional departmental requirements such as:
- CV, statement of intent, and writing samples
- GRE, GMAT, or other test scores.
- Reference letters (Supply names and email addresses of their references in the online application.)
Application Deadline: For students with a January 1, 2018 start date, the deadline is November 1, 2017.